I'm Not For Me

I'm Not For Me

1.06.2013

Death for Life


Hi!

Thanks for hanging in while I try to make sense out of all the thoughts I've had.  They just refuse to complete themselves.  Should have called this a sporadic (in more ways than one) thought blog.

         Anyways, on to today (onto or on to, anyone?).  I've been familiarizing myself with TWLHA or To Write Love on Her Arms.  In the story of their beginnings, they write about a cocaine addict.  In this story is possibly the best example of the Gospel I have ever heard.


     "She hands me her last razor blade, tells me it is the one she used to cut her arm and her last lines of cocaine five nights before. She's had it with her ever since, shares that tonight will be the hardest night and she shouldn't have it. I hold it carefully, thank her and know instantly that this moment, this gift, will stay with me. It hits me to wonder if this great feeling is what Christ knows when we surrender our broken hearts, when we trade death for life."  (www.twloha.com/vision/)

    
     Our God is pretty great to incorporate His Gospel into our lives to lead us to great realizations.  Here's some correlation.  

      "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us." - 1 John 1:14  Jesus took on our flesh, wrestled with the tempter and took the responsibility and the pain of our sin - all starting with his birth into flesh.    

   "For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God." - 2 Corinthians 5:21   God had no business taking our sin away from us.   He not only took the razor from us but wrenched it out of our ungrateful hands.

God does so many incredible things that its just unfathomable!  Maybe this was just one aspect of this particular story, but a part of the great story of the universe!

Happy prepping for midterms, everyone  :)

-Sarah