I'm Not For Me

I'm Not For Me

9.25.2013

Psalms 139 (part 2)

Good mornin'!

                     Earlier in the year, I wrote, "to me, Psalm 139 is one of the most beautiful passages ever written.  It exhibits truth and beauty by exposing the reality in my own life and God's omniscient relationship with me."  In v. 1-6, we looked at how the Creator comes to us; He searches us and protects us.  Where else can we find Him? 

 Psalms 139:7 -12: 

"7Where shall I go from your Spirit?
    Or where shall I flee from your presence?
8 If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
    If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
If I take the wings of the morning
    and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 even there your hand shall lead me,
    and your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,
    and the light about me be night,”
12 even the darkness is not dark to you;
    the night is bright as the day,
    for darkness is as light with you."


The writer of this Psalm is staring up at the heavens, saying, "Where can I NOT find you?"  His voice is very strong, but not angry.  The fact that He doesn't leave us, and He never stops leading us is overwhelming.    He will hold you, even in the darkest night.  The comfort of our Father's presence isn't by coincidence.  We're made for Him - rather, by Him.  Wherever we are, our God is too.

-Sarah