I'm Not For Me

I'm Not For Me

8.07.2014

NOT Ashamed

Dear friends,

                 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek," (Romans 1:16).

                   Reading those words brings relief.  Every time this verse pops up, I am surprised by my response - a resounding yes. This time, I'm asking myself why. 

                     Life is stressful.  It's exhausting to stay smiling, be kind, keep everyone happy.   So many variables mean so many ways we can mess it allll up.  So many reasons to be ashamed.  But believing that God's Word is perfect?  No one said it was easy, but the power found in the Bible is so strong and alive that no fault can be found in it, even by human standards.  Believing in it is nothing to be ashamed of.  Romans 1:16 is finding God's grace anew.   

"He will swallow up death forever;
and the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces,
and the shame of his people he will take away from all the earth,
for the Lord has spoken.
It will be said on that day,
“Behold, this is our God; we have waited for him, that he might save us.
This is the Lord; we have waited for him;
let us be glad and rejoice in his salvation.”
-Isaiah 25:8-9