I'm Not For Me

I'm Not For Me

10.04.2013

Philippians 4

"My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word." 
-Psalm 119:28


          In this world, we feel like victims.  We're beaten down and just trying to figure out the world, or at least our part in it.  No matter how good we are or what we accomplish, the hole we're trying to fill is always empty.  Can you feel it right now?  Our God does not leave us in this condition!  He tells us how to live, really live, through Paul and Timothy. 
         

         "I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.  I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me," (Philippians 4:11-13).  

           You are strong!  Christ is your strength!  No matter how big the hole inside of you is right now, God will not leave you that way, on this one condition: 

          "Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus," (Philippians 4:7).

        What you rejoice in will be your strength.  Ask Christ Jesus to be that.

-Sarah





P.S. While I was writing this, I listened to Good for Me by Audrey Assad.  I'd recommend a listen. :)