I'm Not For Me

I'm Not For Me

10.01.2013

Psalm 139 (part 3)

Good evening!

                         Earlier in the year, I wrote, "
to me, Psalm 139 is one of the most beautiful passages ever written.  It exhibits truth and beauty by exposing the reality in my own life and God's omniscient relationship with me."  In v. 1-6, we looked at how the Creator comes to us; He searches us and protects us.  In v. 1-7, 
He doesn't leave us, and He never stops leading us.    What else does our Father do for us in v.13-16? 

I'm going to take a detour for a moment (hopefully you'll agree later on that it was worth it).  I'm going to stick my toe into what I'd like to call, 'Learning What's Important.'  And how do we learn that?  Wisdom.  The book of Proverbs doesn't begin lightly. 

"20Wisdom cries aloud in the street,
in the markets she raises her voice;
21 at the head of the noisy streets she cries out;
at the entrance of the city gates she speaks:
22 “How long, O simple ones, will you love being simple?
How long will scoffers delight in their scoffing
and fools hate knowledge?
23 If you turn at my reproof,
behold, I will pour out my spirit to you;
I will make my words known to you.
- Proverbs 1:20-23
 
It takes infinite number of wrong decisions, and the decision to listen to wisdom and make a few, intentionally good ones.  Chances are that God directed what went right.  In fact, He tells us that He planned ALL of your life - ALL of it right in the end.   
 
              A beautiful baby was brought into the world last night by an incredible Christian woman who I admire greatly. Can you imagine that our Father planned alllllll of that baby's life, before that child was even conceived?  Before anyone even knew he was coming?  Jeremiah 1:5 says, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."  Isn't 'setting you apart,' such a beautiful image of God choosing?  But He doesn't just plan out the lives of His prophets.  He made you and all people; He intricately plans and intervenes in the lives He made.

(finally we come to the Psalm)
"13For you formed my inward parts;
    you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
    my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
    intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
    the days that were formed for me,
    when as yet there was none of them."
-Psalm 139:13-16

           What an incredible God.

-Sarah

P.S. Lopez, this blogging is getting addicting.